Consider setting up a virtual classroom: the teacher prepares an engaging lesson incorporating diverse content. Students connect, eager to learn and enjoy the spontaneous interaction that makes school interesting. At least that’s how we see virtual learning.
However, the reality can be very different. Several problems are likely to emerge. The teacher uses a whiteboard, but the illustrations lag behind, appearing seconds later. Students ask questions, but in addition to the latency, they see unstable screens and frame stops that impact the flow of instruction, the quality of the group discussion, and the overall effectiveness of the lesson. teaching and learning.
Why synchronization is important and how to achieve it
A virtual classroom is a demanding use case for Real-Time Engagement (RTE) due to the large number of participants and dispersed locations. In a virtual interactive environment, teachers and students should maintain the same level of interactivity as in-person learning. If an educator’s plans are foiled by technology, administrators will quickly dismiss the platform as inadequate. Once a developer’s solution is known for its out of sync components, its customer base will quickly evaporate.
Effective online learning depends on an experience that is always in sync, with no annoying lags between audio, video, chat, whiteboard, file sharing, and other components.
That’s why synchronization is a top priority for a virtual classroom solution. Much like the teachers themselves, an effective virtual classroom depends on the quality of the experience you present and if your components are out of sync, your platform will be unusable.
Best-in-class virtual class components, all from one source
With Agora, developers can deliver the full range of virtual classroom functionality at the highest quality available, without the synchronization issues of a multi-vendor strategy. The features of Agora that make it the preferred solution include:
- audio – Quality video and smooth, uninterrupted 48 kHz sampling at up to 192 kbps bit rate allow participants to be face to face from anywhere, on any device.
- Video – Advanced internal algorithms provide adaptive resolution from 96p to 1080p to ensure better video quality using less bandwidth.
- To discuss – Ultra-low latency and high concurrency chat and signaling provide additional opportunities for classroom interaction. Offline caching allows students and teachers to access messages even when they are offline.
- Whiteboard – Teachers can add display content and provide interactive engagement and communication with rich tools such as text editors, floating bar, graphics tools, shapes, laser pointers and hand tools.
- File sharing – Dynamic file sharing allows teachers and students to easily exchange documents during a session, including instructional content, student homework and homework etc.
- Registration – Virtual classroom flows can be saved in the cloud or in local storage. Sessions can also be recorded in advance so that students can view or listen to them at their convenience.
Each Agora component enjoys exceptional performance and availability in any connectivity scenario, on any device. The whiteboard is complemented by ultra-low transmission latency via the fully dedicated Agora Software-Defined (SD-RTN ™) real-time network. A quality monitoring system can detect jitter in real time, automatically eliminate errors, tune poor quality servers, and optimize the network to maintain latency well below 400ms, the industry standard set for high quality. acceptable user experience.
Agora has more than 200 data centers around the world for consistent coverage across all sites. Virtual classroom participants, regardless of their location, are close enough to an Agora point of presence (POP) to connect to the network with the low latency, fast data transmission and high performance needed for a great experience .
These solutions are also optimized to handle a large number of simultaneous connections in real time. The flexible and distributed flatbed design of the Agora SD-RTN ™ allows server capacity to be added quickly and seamlessly to the local data center, or to connect additional data centers at the continent level, to expand quickly bandwidth.
Virtual classes here to stay
Agora enables virtual classroom developers to quickly implement an interactive education product within their own platform. To learn more about how to keep your virtual classroom in sync and position your business to thrive in the new world of online education, check out the latest. white paper. Designed to go live in a short period of time, it helps businesses quickly seize rapidly evolving virtual classroom opportunities. Companies that develop learning management systems, massive open online courses (MOOCs), tutoring solutions, language training programs and other virtual learning products can focus on business development. without having to master the complex logic of real-time engagement.
By building your solution to deliver the full suite of real-time engagement capabilities instructors and students depend on, along with the tightly-synchronized experience necessary for effective learning, you can position your business to thrive in the new world of learning. online education.
Agora inc. published this content on September 20, 2021 and is solely responsible for the information it contains. Distributed by Public, unedited and unmodified, on September 20, 2021 08:31:04 PM UTC.