You can sign in to Amazon on all kinds of devices, from phones to computers to tablets. But there are multiple ways to log in, it also means there are multiple ways to log out. And unlike some sites, Amazon doesn’t make the logout process obvious.
Here’s how to sign out of the Amazon app on your phone or sign out of the website on your computer or phone. Remember that logging out on one device will not log you out anywhere else.
How to sign out of the Amazon app
These steps are the same whether you are using the Amazon app for iPhone, iPad, or Android.
1. Open the Amazon app and tap the three stacked lines in the lower right corner.
2. Scroll down to this new menu and press Settings.
3. In the list of options that appears, tap the last option, Sign out.
How to sign out of the Amazon website
If you’re not using the Amazon mobile app, you are probably using the website. You can sign in to the Amazon website on a computer or phone, so here’s how to sign out on both platforms.
Log out on a computer
1. Go to the Amazon website and hover your mouse over the Account and Lists option at the top left.
2. Click on Sign out in the lower right corner of the menu that appears.
Sign out on a phone
Logging out in a mobile browser like Safari is also easy.
1. Go to the Amazon website and tap your name in the top left corner of the screen.
2. Scroll to Settings section, then tap Sign out.